Illustration of comparison essay the theory is that of literature: the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature is a unique style of art that can help to comprehend the present-day history and also to understand how the main tendencies of social development in the past were formed.
Talk about formation of designs at the beginning of essay
The aesthetics of classicism, which developed in Western European culture at the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules plus the proofread my essay online concepts of plot construction, reflecting the thought of orderliness and perfection associated with universe, nature and culture.
The «sensitive» literature of sentimentalism that emerged within the last half associated with eighteenth century was meant to teach and educate on examples and images that cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided by the proven fact that all evil could be overcome.
In our literature up to the start of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing each other and pursuing the same goal: which will make society perfect, by affirming the rational principles of morality in addition to rules of human behavior. Ways to achieve this goal into the philosophy of classicism were understood to be the assertion of this supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and had been centered on a definite division of artistic designs and genres. The theorists of classicism paid unique attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies when the foundation associated with the plot has long been important historic activities, and actors – the gods and strongest of the world, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. They certainly were related to the «high» genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered images could just be present in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed this is of «low» genres. Obligatory observance regarding the unity of time, place, action and rules of constructing tragedy and drama with publicity, zygote, development of action, culmination and resolution limited the likelihood of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the bond of cause and effect, clarity expression associated with main idea of the job. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to utilize the means of artistic expression. Attention to household details, a description of psychological experiences, the image of this inner realm of guy and his closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel records appear in the literature. The introduction of sentimentalism greatly expanded the possibilities of artistic prose and managed to make it more democratic: the interest of both writers and visitors ended up being the fate of a typical individual, clear, close, causing interest and compassion.
To conclude of essay give brief comparison of designs
Therefore, the difference between classicism and sentimentalism is as follows:
- The topic of the image when you look at the works of classicism are very important, meaningful events that determine the fate of an individual who is obliged to obey the founded purchase plus the determined length of events.
- Into the center of attention of authors – sentimentalists – the inner realm of heroes, effective at deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is really a literary trend when the basis associated with artistic method may be the division of works into «high», «medium» and «low» genres.
- Sentimentalism does not have such a division, because its task would be to teach the sensory faculties, using many visual opportinity for this purpose.
- The primary genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic story, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres attribute of sentimentalism are a novel, letters, diaries, travel records.
- Classicalism argued educational ideas on the basis of the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner realm of heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They thought that educating an individual, it is possible to increase the whole society.